Hi! Thanks for taking some time to consider this role. Before we explain what it’s about, a quick word about us.
Who are we, and why do we exist? 🌄
First, read here.
What you’ll be doing 👀
Software Engineer (React Native) is a smart and detail-oriented frontend developer who has worked on and launched multiple mobile applications to Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
A software engineer should have a thorough experience of building mobile apps in React Native for both Android and iOS platforms. They must be design and product-focused and should be able to work very closely with backend engineers to build high-quality and high-performance user interfaces.
The Software Engineer (React Native) reports to the Tech Lead / Engineering Manager.
- Building high-quality mobile applications.
- Understanding key product and design requirements and estimating effort and timelines.
- Deconstruct frontend architecture from design specifications, build components, screens, navigation, and interactions.
- Building user interfaces in React Native and testing them for functional and visual quality.
- Building interactions and animations in React Native wherever the requirements suggest.
- Integrating user interfaces with backend APIs and complete functional product delivery.
- Working closely with engineering and product teams to achieve great product craftsmanship.
- Taking note of the performance and latency aspects of App Performance and being able to improve that.
- Delivering high-quality and high-performing code in committed timelines to product teams.
- Training and mentoring fellow team members with respect to frontend development.
- Writing unit test cases and integration test cases for all functional and behavioral aspects of the product implementation.
- At least 4 years of experience in building mobile applications in React Native (v0.62+).
- Be very well-versed in the React Native ecosystem and be aware of the best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication and English language writing and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with respect to design fidelity and product implementation.
- Writing unit test cases in Jest for product deliverables.
- Estimating, building, testing, and delivering the app builds in committed and agreed-upon timelines.
- Well-versed with the Agile Scrum methodology of software development.
- Should have past experience in launching mobile apps on the Play Store and App Store.
- Should be a process and outcome-oriented, self-motivated engineer with a “get-it-done” attitude and should require minimal supervision and assistance.
- Should be aware of platform-level nuances between Android and iOS builds and be able to accommodate for that in code.
- Excellent test-case and developer task breakdown documentation skills.
- Excellent abilities to coordinate with the team and estimate delivery timelines.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Atlantis's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At ATLANTIS, we believe in a world that is free of gender, racial, and religious biases and that is why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer.
Email your application and resume to email@example.com
Apply here: https://airtable.com/shr3GXSl5D4WHwIPZ