Hi! Thanks for taking some time to consider this role. Before we explain what it’s about, a quick word about us.
Who are we, and why do we exist? 🌄
First, read here.
What you’ll be doing 👀
We are looking for a great Backend developer who is proficient with Django/Python programming to create highly scalable applications to be deployed on AWS platform. Your primary focus will be on developing back-end services that are going to be used by our front-end layer, either Web or Mobile. These services will, in turn, synthesize the entire business and execution model by calling other services, fetching data from databases, and performing defined business logic. You will ensure that these services and the overall application are scalable, robust, and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated software design, and quality products are important.
The Software Engineer reports to the Tech Lead / Engineering Manager.
- Developing enterprise-grade Web Services using Django/Python
- Designing APIs for the underlying business use cases
- Be responsible for solution design and architecture of your services.
- Building reusable components and a library of services for future use.
- Experience working on Microservices architecture will be a significant plus
- Managing & maintaining the platform where applications are going to be deployed, preferably AWS or any other PaaS
- Optimizing components for maximum performance for increasing load and endurance
- Writing extensive unit tests and automated system test cases
- Writing an optimum level of technical documentation for future developers Provide constructive feedback to design and product teams.
- Strong fundamentals of design patterns and enterprise architecture design.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently in small teams and a fast-paced environment. Prior startup experience will be a significant plus.
- Ability to understand the business requirements for product and translate them into technical requirements.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in creating and consuming APIs using Django/Python.
- Experience working with any API documentation tool such as Swagger or Postman
- Experience with working with Dockerized environments, containers and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong experience working with SQL databases (such as Postgre or MySQL).
- Should understand the advantages of using relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience working with various AWS tools such as EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, etc.
- Strong fundamentals of networking, setup of DNS and services, managing infrastructure.where your code will run.
- Experience working with multi-user application development handling Authentication, Authorization, and Session & Transaction Management, asynchronous services, hooks, etc.
- Strong experience with any CI/CD pipeline for build and deployment.
- Experience working with any event or job schedule framework. Strong fundamentals with Git.
- Experience in writing and maintaining a unit-test suite for your applications.
- A knack for troubleshooting, debugging, performance benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to understand how technical debt is being built and ways to address it in the future
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Python, Django, Flask, PostgreSQL, Requirements gathering, product understanding, unit test case planning, Data Structures, Algorithms, AWS Deployments, OOPS concepts.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Atlantis's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At ATLANTIS, we believe in a world that is free of gender, racial, and religious biases and that is why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer.
Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply here: https://airtable.com/shrXJJAj7rC0z0Edd