Hi! Thanks for taking some time to consider this role. Before we explain what it’s about, a quick word about us.
Who are we, and why do we exist? 🌄
First, read here.
What you’ll be doing 👀
We are looking for a General Manager for India. As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments, too. You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Adhere to Company, Country, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
- Drive all business activities to achieve the business strategy, profitable growth and business operations and be responsible for the profit and loss (P&L) of the Business.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Ensure official, fiduciary, and legal responsibilities of the General Manager role are properly executed and 100% compliance in all aspects of these responsibilities.
- Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems, closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets, and take remedial action where necessary.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but also owned by the management team and other employees.
- Accountable for all local internal issues, policies, and decisions – e.g. business planning, HR policies and people management, budgeting and financial policies.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
Qualifications / Key skills / Competencies required:
- Founder / CXO-Level experience in a high-growth startup, a proven track record of building successful OPS, products, and high caliber teams.
- 6+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years of executive leadership position in a high-performing Fintech, B2B Saas, Retail Bank, or a Digital lending company.
- Solid P&L understanding, business acumen. Able to bring a business and economic perspective to everyday activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to write very high-quality documents & presentations.
- Growth Mindset, Strategic & Adaptive Thinking. Coming up with creative and innovative solutions that are not rule-based. High Agency and Computational Thinking. Being able to translate vast amounts of data into useful information.
- Demonstrate Senior leadership skills, gravitas, presentation to the board, public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently in an extremely fast-paced, and outcome-focused environment.
- Digital Native with a strong “positive presence” on social media platforms- LinkedIn, and Twitter. Should know how to leverage these tools for smart brand building and sales development.
- Possess a balance of strategic and operational experience to enable them to contribute to the bigger picture and to ‘look around corners’, in addition to running the day-to-day business.
- Bring the combination of core commercial and implementation skills, with the ability to move from detail/operations to strategy/influence. Should be a good problem solver with the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis and data rigor.
- Bring intellectual curiosity and a degree of rigor, as well as the breadth of vision that will enable him/her to fully contribute to strategic and high-level operational discussions.
- High energy, results and process focussed, and committed to pursuing and exploring all issues relevant to the business. Consider how short-term activities are in concert with long-term objectives.
- Resourceful. Thinks through possible ways to address a challenge. Employs creative problem-solving. Knows whom to turn to for advice or input.
- Be detail oriented. Relies on data, cross-functional communication, and tight relationships to keep a handle on all of the details of how the organization is operating.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Atlantis's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At ATLANTIS, we believe in a world that is free of gender, racial, and religious biases and that is why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer.
Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply here: https://airtable.com/shrK5fsTXbQ5NYMdX