Hi! Thanks for taking some time to consider this role. Before we explain what it’s about, a quick word about us.
Who are we, and why do we exist? 🌄
First, read here.
[This role is for Chief Operating Officer and not for Operations Head, so please read the JD carefully]
What you’ll be doing 👀
We are building neo-bank.com. The COO works alongside the CEO to build the business with full P&L responsibility and take ownership of all operating functions in the company, including e2e Operations (which includes Customer OPS and Support, and Compliance), HR & Recruitment, Finance, Admin, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Fraud, Collections, Bank/NBFC/ Tech/Brand Partnerships and Alliances. The COO reports to the Chief Executive Officer & Company Board.
COO is responsible for the ‘internal world’ which includes:
- Product and Engineering Organisation (Strategy, Development, Design, Infrastructure)
- Support Investor relations, capital allocation and raise.
- Finance, HR, Recruitment, Admin, and Legal
- Marketing & Brand Alliances
- Own P&L, Business & Revenue Growth
- Operating Business Strategy & Execution.
- Lead Projects (M&A, Investments, New Products)
- Support Board Management & Process (BOD, Advisory)
- Lead Customer OPS and Success
- Run Day-to-Day Operations, Finance, Compliances, HR Ops, Customer Ops, Legal etc
- Drive Partnerships (Banks, Tech Vendors, Alliances)
End to end Operations:
- Manage Day-Day Operations of the company with zero errors. (For all products)
- Daily Business Reportings and Operational Metrics Monitoring and Performance
- Ensuring that all processes and services are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework, Internal Policies and standards
- End-to-end setup of operational process, workflow management system, and customer service module for liabilities and assets (lending) products, with an increased focus on accurate and timely execution to drive superlative customer experience.
- Support Operations / Bank / Tech partnerships for India business.
Bank / NBFC / Tech Partnerships
- Be the key contact and manage various bank and vendor relationships, globally
- Evaluating and driving the implementation of tech modules for Company operations (CBS/LOS/LMS/CRM/Others)
- Enable the Neo-bank partnerships with several tech and biz service providers with complete access to APIs as per our requirements.
Customer OPS and Success
- Own end-to-end Customer OPS, Service, and success (10 star rating) unit. Drive E2E Process and Issue resolution.
Brand Partnerships and Alliances
- Conceptualize, and execute overall Alliance and Partnership strategy to acquire customers and accelerate growth through strategic alliance partnerships.
Finance, HR, Admin, and Legal:
- Own end to end Vendor management: All external vendor management
- Own end-to-end Legal department: Contracts, Agreements- Draft, Review, and Execution.
- Own end-to-end HR & Recruitment Process. Including External consultants, Team Onboarding, Payroll and Tax processing+Other compliances.
- Hire, develop, and train key talent across all teams.
- Strategize and implement initiatives focusing on improvements in cost, control, capacity, client service, and cycle time
- Preparation and maintenance of Daily/Weekly Accounts and Finance. Monthly Audits, OPS and Business Reviews, Financials
- Effectively manage other team leads for these business units and coordinate and prioritize effectively across them, with a particular focus on scaling all functions successfully
Revenue + P&L responsibility
- Create an overall revenue strategy for the business and lead the implementation of various projects.
- To lead the business with full P&L responsibility and take ownership of the business
Risk, Compliance, Fraud, and Collections:
- Own end-to-end Risk management: Draft Policy, Revise Policy, Version Control, and Maintenance.
- Own end-to-end Collections process- Awareness, Bounce, Collections, NPD, DDP account resolution.
- Manage Day to day Compliances: MCA, ROC, RBI, SEBI, IRDA, Governance.
Work with Tech, Product, and Design teams:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to build best-in-class customer experiences.
The COO will help shape and oversee the systems, processes, and people necessary to set up, build and scale the Business and Operations. COO plans, directs and oversees the company's operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals. Helps the organization execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgment, vision, management, and leadership.
- Founder / CXO-Level experience in a high-growth startup, a proven track record of building successful OPS, products, and high-caliber teams.
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years of executive leadership position in a high-performing Fintech, Retail Bank, Mobile Payments, or a Digital lending company.
- Solid P&L understanding, business acumen. Able to bring a business and economic perspective to everyday activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to write very high-quality documents & presentations.
- Growth Mindset, Strategic & Adaptive Thinking. Coming up with creative and innovative solutions that are not rule-based. High Agency and Computational Thinking. Being able to translate vast amounts of data into useful information.
- Talent Magnet. Ability to recruit talented and smart people: meet hiring requirements and build organizational capability.
- Demonstrate Senior leadership skills, gravitas, presentation to the board, public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently in an extremely fast-paced, and outcome-focused environment.
- Curious Learner and strong understanding of all emerging technology domains- AI, Enterprise Tech, Machine Learning, Native mobile apps (iOS and Android), and Consumer Internet.
- Digital Native with a strong “positive presence” on social media platforms- LinkedIn, and Twitter. Should know how to leverage these tools for smart brand building and sales development.
- Possess a balance of strategic and operational experience to enable them to contribute to the bigger picture and to ‘look around corners’, in addition to running the day-to-day business.
- Bring the combination of core commercial and implementation skills, with the ability to move from detail/operations to strategy/influence. He/she should be a good problem solver with the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis and data rigor.
- Bring intellectual curiosity and a degree of rigor, as well as the breadth of vision that will enable him/her to fully contribute to strategic and high-level operational discussions.
- High energy, results, and process focussed and committed to pursuing and exploring all issues relevant to the business. Consider how short-term activities are in concert with long-term objectives.
- Resourceful. Thinks through possible ways to address a challenge. Employs creative problem-solving. Knows whom to turn to for advice or input.
- Be detail-oriented. Relies on data, cross-functional communication, and tight relationships to keep a handle on all of the details of how the organization is operating.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Atlantis's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At ATLANTIS, we believe in a world that is free of gender, racial, and religious biases and that is why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer.
Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here: https://airtable.com/shrjiUan4ljOYXiBd